At Planting Time, Farmers Bet on the Whole Year
May 2nd, 2016
Planting season is underway, from backyard gardens to the vast fields of the Corn Belt.As farmers put seeds in the ground, and their confidence in another crop season, they know they’ll get just one shot at making their business profitable this year. Harvest Public Media’s Amy Mayer talked to farmers in the field about the opportunities they’re grabbing.
For more of the story, click here.
Comments are closed.
- Corporate-Environment Ag Partnerships: Just Good PR, or More?
- How Midwestern Forests Adapt to Climate Change, Keep Fires at Bay
- Gene-Editing Technique CRISPR Has Vast Agriculture Potential
- High pasture prices hard for ranchers to swallow
- Farmers gear up for record harvest while bracing for lower prices