UNL gives “all clear”
By KVNO News
February 24th, 2011
Omaha, NE – The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has given the “all-clear” and the lock down on East Campus has been lifted. The lock down, which began at 2:55 pm and lasted about 90 minutes, was issued after a man was reported entering the UNL Dental College with a handgun.
UNL Police searched the campus for a suspect fitting the description: a thin, black man wearing a black windbreaker, black fedora-style hat and jeans. Sightings were reported from several locations on campus, but the suspect was not found, and police now believe he is no longer on campus.
In a statement, UNL Police Captain Carl Oestmann said, “The buildings have been searched. We have made contact with several people, but have not found the person reported to be involved. We don’t have enough information to believe the lock down should be continued.”
Comments are closed.
- Fighting Sex Trafficking in Nebraska: What’s Lacking and a New Plan
- Reforms urged in Nebraska police lineup procedures
- Color Guard helps troubled teens find discipline
- Omaha City Council President Ben Gray talks with KVNO News
- Juvenile Justice Advocate Reflects On Forty Years Of Changes In The System