Trio of Nursing Home Groups Meet to Address Challenges
December 21st, 2018
A group of three nursing home groups met Wednesday to discuss the main challenges facing Nebraska facilities—Medicaid reimbursement, low occupancy, and staffing—reports Allison Mollenkamp for NET News.
The Nebraska Healthcare Association, Rural Health Development, and LeadingAge Nebraska identified these problems as well as possible solutions. Medicaid, in particular, is a prescient issue for nursing homes.
“The nursing home industry needs its appropriation, the amount of money that the legislature sets aside for us, to be in our own bucket, and it’s not co-mingled with all these other Medicaid programs out there,” says Ron Ross, president of Rural Health Development.
For the full story, visit NET News.
Comments are closed.
- Legislature Preview: Several Key Issues Facing Senators in 2019 Session
- Lack of Internet Creates Job Hunt Challenges for Nebraskans
- Nebraska Population Steadily Swells, Matching U.S. Growth Rate
- Retiring Secretary Gale Takes Grandfather’s Tales of Old West With Him
- Survey Says Many Nebraska Shoppers Spending Holiday Dollars Locally