NET Feature: How One Woman’s Trip to Chicago Ended in Sex Trafficking
December 13th, 2018
When “Laura” got in the car with a friend on a trip to Chicago from Omaha, she had no idea what was ahead.
The young woman, whose real identity has been masked at her request, is featured, along with others, in an NET News documentary about the survivors of sex trafficking.
“There were a lot of times where death seemed a lot better than what I was living,” she said. “You lose your sense of worth. You don’t feel like a human being and I think that’s the biggest thing with a lot trafficking victims people don’t understand.”
“Laura” eventually escaped from her captors and was able to get back to Nebraska. She is on the road to recovery and wants people to learn from her story.
For more on this story, visit NET Nebraska.
Comments are closed.
- Legislature Preview: Several Key Issues Facing Senators in 2019 Session
- Lack of Internet Creates Job Hunt Challenges for Nebraskans
- Trio of Nursing Home Groups Meet to Address Challenges
- Retiring Secretary Gale Takes Grandfather’s Tales of Old West With Him
- Survey Says Many Nebraska Shoppers Spending Holiday Dollars Locally