Funk Trek releases first album
December 8th, 2010
Omaha, NE – The group Funk Trek will release their first album, on December 10. KVNO’s Alain Hernandez plays the trumpet for the band. He said he’s been with the group for the past year.
“The music is influenced by jazz with a big funk influence too. What I like about this album is that every song sounds different. We have some hard core, hip – hop sounds, with no vocals just instrumental.”
Other members of the group include trombone player, Michael Lovejoy, tenor saxophonist Cameron Blazek, alto saxophonist Kevin Pflug, along with two song writers Andrew Wahl, and Tom Murnan. Hernandez also works at KVNO, as an on-air announcer. He said he gets inspiration from all types of music.
“The influence of the classical music that I listen to at KVNO is definitely heard somewhat in the music. I’m open to a lot of different types of music and you hear it in my horn.”
The album release party will be held Dec. 10 at the Benson Waiting Room, and the show starts at 9pm.
Comments are closed.
- Cross-Genre Conspire Music and Arts Festival’s First Year in Omaha
- McCarthy Trenching with High Up at Holland’s 1200 Club Series
- A Masterworks concert of “Prodigies” featuring Ken-David Masur with the Omaha Symphony
- Omaha Chamber Music Society Returns to the Jewish Community Center
- “Dreamsongs and Haydn” with Joshua Roman